- A team marathon race of 42.195 km (not a relay race).
- 5 teams
- A total of 30 professional athletes from Africa, Asia, Europe and Americas.
- Each team should have at least 1 Czech professional athlete.
- 4 out of 6 athletes score. 2 athletes feature as 'substitutes' and their result is counted only if one or more members of the basic team do not finish the race.
- The resulting time of the professional athletes is converted to a value of points according to the World Athletics scoring system. The times of the ALL RUNNERS group are converted by using the special RunCzech Running League scoring system.
- The team with the highest number of points wins.
- New element for 2023 is the setting of the so-called ALL RUNNERS Personal Best for the ALL RUNNERS community. Times completed will be scored against the average finisher time on the 2022 Prague International Marathon - which was 4:15:24.
- Another novelty this year is the announcement of the absolute winner in the ALL RUNNERS category. The condition for winning is being registered in the winning Battle of the Teams 2023 team and scoring the highest number of points within that team.
- Runners will be fairly assigned in the teams according to personal records.
- If a team member runs their personal best, they get a bonus of 3% of their point evaluation.
- The ALL RUNNERS group of runners also contributes to the team's total score.
- Each participant of the Prague International Marathon has the opportunity to sign up for one of the five teams and thus become a member of the ALL RUNNERS group of the given team.
- The points earned by the members of the given team are added up and divided by the number of members of the given team. In this way, the point average for the ALL RUNNERS group of the given team is created, which is added to the points of the professional athletes of the same team.
- If a runner from the ALL RUNNERS group overcomes the so-called ALL RUNNERS PB, they will be awarded with bonus points in the amount of 3% of their point score, just as in the case of professional athletes.
- Each team will be represented by a Czech sports celebrity.
- Each team will bear the titular name of the partner that will support the team.
- Each team will be represented by the team's official color and will donate funds to a charity.
- Captains play an important role in supporting and representing their teams.
Rated categories - Prize money.
- Team - the winning team of professional athletes will split the financial reward equally
- Individual - the best point score of a member of the ALL RUNNERS community from the winning team will be financially rewarded
Race: Battle of the Teams – Prague International Marathon 2023
Affiliation: World Athletics Elite Label Race
Race date: May 7, 2023
Start time: 9.00 a.m. CET
Race organiser: Prague International Marathon, spol. s.r.o. (“PIM”)
Race director: Carlo Capalbo
- Participants: 30 pre-selected, contracted athletes (“Participants”).
- Participation in the race is subject to a signed contract between the athlete and the organizer and the general terms and conditions agreed to by each participant and PIM.
- The participation of other participants in the ALL RUNNERS group is voluntary and subject to agreement with the general terms and conditions.
- The race will take place with official pacemakers.
- Positions and winnings are determined according to the official gun time.
- All participants must comply with all the rules of World Athletics and Czech Athletics Federation and the related rules regarding footwear, racing jersey and sponsorship rules. All shoes and racing jerseys will be checked before the start of the race.
- Participants will be divided into 5 teams. There will be a commercial partner and a charity assigned to each team.
- Each pro athlete receives the corresponding number of points according to the World Athletics scoring based on their finish time. The final score of the team is given by the sum of the points of the individual team members. A maximum of 4 participants who finish the race within the 2:45:00 limit are counted towards the team's points gain. The fifth member of the team – the ALL RUNNERS group contributes to the overall result with the average point gain of all members of the given team by using the special RunCzech Running League scoring system.
- The winner is the team with the highest number of points.
- The first athlete from a given team to withdraw from the race will be replaced by a reserve athlete of the same gender, if there are more such athletes, they will be replaced by another athlete regardless of the athlete's gender.
- The claim to prize money belongs to the fastest amateur runner on the condition that they are part of the winning team of Battle of the Teams 2023 and obtains the highest number of points by converting their final time into points according to the RunCzech Running League tables and thus becomes the amateur winner of the Battle of the Teams race in given year.
- The announcement of the amateur winner of the Battle of the Teams 2023 according to these criteria is final and immutable.
The amount of the prize money in the ALL RUNNERS category is
set to 10 000 CZK. The runner is eligible under meeting the
- The runner is part of the winning team of Battle of the teams 2023
- The winner scores the highest score of points within this team by converting their finish time according to the RunCzech Running League scoring system and potential bonus when beating so called ALL RUNNERS Personal Best
- Organizers and contracted suppliers will use special recording equipment – cameras, cameras and drones – during the Race.
- Additional rules and regulations will be communicated prior to the start of the race.
- The complete event schedule and other race information will be communicated prior to the start of the race.